Dryer vent exhaust systems accumulate dust, lint, and other contaminants that can create serious fire hazards. Are you taking the necessary precautions to keep your home or facility safe and efficient?
Dryer Vent Safety Facts
- The U.S. Fire Administration reports that there is over $35 million in property loss each year due to failure to clean dryer vents.
- Failure to clean (34 percent) was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Lint screens don’t catch all the lint – up to 75% of that highly combustible material goes into the dryer vent.
Warning Signs that Your Dryer Vent Needs to Be Cleaned
- The dryer is producing heat, but the time it takes to dry clothes takes longer and longer.
- After a cycle is complete the clothes are noticeably hotter than usual.
- Your laundry room has a lot of moisture build-up or even a musty smell.
THE STEAMATIC DIFFERENCE
Steamatic’s technicians use the latest technology and equipment to clean your dryer vent system. The benefits of exhaust system cleaning:
- Helps prevent fires caused by lint/debris buildup
- Improves system performance and saves energy
- Extends the life of your equipment